Brrrr, that September chill is in the air! Amidst the last few heatwaves of the summer, we’re experiencing those trademark September cold nights and crisp mornings – both of which have an impact on your gardening.
Once again we’ve got you covered with our September Gardening To Do List. These lists are a monthly feature, giving you a few easy tasks that make gardening more manageable.
- A fresh ‘sowing and growing’ season is upon us, so scrub out those cold frames and greenhouses in preparation.
- If you’re a fan of spring-flowering bulbs like daffodils and hyacinths, plant them now for a pop of colour when spring returns.
- Keep rhododendrons and camellias watered to ensure a great start for next year’s buds as they develop.
- Don’t stop deadheading your flowers – extend their flowering season well into the first frosts by staying vigilant throughout early autumn!
- Stop pots and planters from getting waterlogged by standing them on bricks to aid drainage.
- Pick all rotting fruit from your trees to prevent the spread of diseases across the plant.
Call in to see us on Wigan Road in Leyland 7 days a week for home and garden supplies (plus delicious treats and home-cooked meals) or shop online here. Don’t forget to ‘like’ us on Facebook here for the latest offers, updates and gardening tips.
- Avant’s Christmas Menu 2023 16th December 2023
- New Cafe Opening Hours 8th May 2023
- Compost Prices 2023 22nd April 2023
- Christmas Opening Hours 2022 10th December 2022
- Platinum Jubilee Opening Hours at Avant 27th May 2022
- Easter 2022 Opening Hours 14th April 2022
- Christmas Shop Hours 2021 15th October 2021
- Opening Hours Change from 11 October 2021 13th October 2021