Each month we bring you a handy cheat sheet to keep your garden in ship shape, ALL year round. We call these our ‘Gardening To Do Lists’ – between 5 and 10 tasks that you can do throughout the month that will prevent your garden from falling into disarray, leaving you overwhelmed by the work it requires! You view all previous Gardening To Do Lists by clicking here. We’ll make handy product recommendations throughout so that you know where to get the best possible tools for the job.
Ah, April! Lighter nights, longer days and warmer temperatures have us all dusting off the BBQs and frantically trying to transform our outdoor spaces that have been deserted for the long British winter. Stroll through our beautiful displays whilst you soak up the gorgeous sunshine and you will find everything you need for a great garden.
Ace the gardening this April
- Sow lawn seed now and keep the soil moist throughout germination. Grab the perfect lawn seed from our online shop here or call in to speak to the team.
- Double check all planters for drying out – the unexpected heat will quickly harm them. We have watering cans, hoses, and accessories from the nation’s leading brands here.
- If you followed previous lists and chitted your potatoes, now is the time to plant them! Vitax Copper Mixture will help to protect them as they grow.
- Scrub out your greenhouse with hot, soapy water to rid it of pests and diseases and let in more light.
- Place water butts under downpipes to make the most of spring showers.
- Keep fruit blossom protected from late frost with layers of fleece on cold nights. We have plant jackets and fleece staples available here.
If you ever need gardening advice, call into Avant Home and Garden Centre on Wigan Road, Leyland. Our team of experts, including Plant Area Manager Diane of BBC Radio Lancashire fame, are there to help – 7 days a week!
For the latest updates from Avant Home and Garden Centre along with offers, competitions and advice, ‘like’ us on Facebook here.