Have you been putting off having houseplants because they seem like more effort than they’re worth? Perhaps you’re the kiss of death to plants and learning to take care of them seems to much hassle? Or maybe your partner has put their foot down and said ‘no’ to any more leafy roommates…well we’ve got some facts that may just change their mind!
- Houseplants can reduce fatigue, coughs and sore throats by more than 30%.
- Indoor plants have been proven to increase productivity amongst workforces that sit at a computer for more than 4 hours per day.
- Indoor plants are great for nursing homes and dementia sufferers – they stimulate the senses, evoke positive memories and emotions and create rewarding activities to take part in.
- Rooms with plants in contain 50-60% fewer airborne moulds and bacteria than those without!
- Indoor plants can reduce dust in the home or office by up to 1/5th.
- Houseplants absorb more than just CO2 including VOCs such as benzene and formaldehyde.
We’ve got houseplants in all shapes and sizes to suit all tastes, budgets and decor schemes! Call in and browse our range.
For more updates from the Avant Home and Garden Centre team, don’t forget to like our page on Facebook.
- Avant’s Christmas Menu 2023 16th December 2023
- New Cafe Opening Hours 8th May 2023
- Compost Prices 2023 22nd April 2023
- Christmas Opening Hours 2022 10th December 2022
- Platinum Jubilee Opening Hours at Avant 27th May 2022
- Easter 2022 Opening Hours 14th April 2022
- Christmas Shop Hours 2021 15th October 2021
- Opening Hours Change from 11 October 2021 13th October 2021