Salvia Pink Lips
The name Salvia comes from Latin word salvere, meaning “to heal.” The plant is historically known for its healing properties and was used by Ancient Greeks to enhance memory.
A firm favourite of ours is the bright and beautiful ‘Pink Lips’ variety, pictured above (and available in store). This gorgeous bloom comes into its own around June and can keep flowering right through to Autumn.
Caring for salvias is very easy. Keep the soil moist through their growing season, perhaps by placing a thin layer of mulch around the plants, and remember to remove any fading flowers to allow exciting new growth to take place!
One thing to be aware of when caring for salvias is the risk of bugs such as aphids. Visit our recent blog post about controlling and beating common garden bugs here.
For more product recommendations and gardening advice, ‘like’ our page on Facebook here.
- Avant’s Christmas Menu 2023 16th December 2023
- New Cafe Opening Hours 8th May 2023
- Compost Prices 2023 22nd April 2023
- Christmas Opening Hours 2022 10th December 2022
- Platinum Jubilee Opening Hours at Avant 27th May 2022
- Easter 2022 Opening Hours 14th April 2022
- Christmas Shop Hours 2021 15th October 2021
- Opening Hours Change from 11 October 2021 13th October 2021