Where does time go? We’re now 6 months into our Gardening To Do Lists feature and together we have learned how to maintain a beautiful garden in everything from snow and frost through to scorching sun and pouring rain. If you’re not up to date, you can access all previous editions here. Without further ado let’s find out the top gardening jobs to do in June…
- Deadhead any roses at the base of the flower to encourage new growth and ensure the plants are healthy. Specialist watering can fittings and fungicide sprays are available specifically for roses.
- Harvest any salad crops fortnightly to ensure a constant supply of delicious leaves. These super easy microgreens are a great place to start.
- If you planted onions and garlic following previous to do lists, harvest when the leaves start to yellow and die off.
- Train new shoots of climbing plants such as clematis and honeysuckle to their supports using plant ties.
- Though the rain can cause rapid growth, do not mow a wet lawn.
- Try to keep on top of weeding. Don’t make your new plants fight for water, light and nutrients with unwanted weeds.
Call into our garden centre in Leyland 7 days a week for all things home and garden. Don’t forget to ‘like’ us on Facebook here for the latest offers, updates and gardening advice.
- Avant’s Christmas Menu 2023 16th December 2023
- New Cafe Opening Hours 8th May 2023
- Compost Prices 2023 22nd April 2023
- Christmas Opening Hours 2022 10th December 2022
- Platinum Jubilee Opening Hours at Avant 27th May 2022
- Easter 2022 Opening Hours 14th April 2022
- Christmas Shop Hours 2021 15th October 2021
- Opening Hours Change from 11 October 2021 13th October 2021