Summer is well underway and our gardens are busier than ever with parties, BBQs, sunbathing and al fresco dining! If your garden is looking a little worse for wear and needs a summer makeover, you can catch up with all previous editions of our Gardening To Do List here.
- Prune Wisteria and shrubs such as lavender once they have finished flowering.
- Keep plants watered! Ideally, use stored rainwater or ‘grey’ (recycled) water. We have a full range of watering equipment to suit all gardens, from window sills to stately homes!
- Cut back your herbs for an ample harvest before the frost begins. Excess herbs can be dried or frozen for later use. We have a range of herb pots and even scissors here.
- Add stakes to top-heavy lilies and dahlias to protect them from wind and rain.
- Top up birdbaths and consider leaving drinking water out for wildlife as temperatures soar!
- Fruit plants in containers need a high potash feed (like this one) to keep them healthy.
Call in to see us on Wigan Road in Leyland 7 days a week for home and garden supplies (plus delicious treats and home-cooked meals) or shop online here. Don’t forget to ‘like’ us on Facebook here for the latest offers, updates and gardening tips.